Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July fun!

 Pictures from the 4th of July! sitting in the shade waiting for the parade that started at 2pm, right in the middle of the heat of good ole Kentucky!

 The boys watching the parade trying to stay in the shade!
 After the parade he was so tired and fell asleep before we even made it back to the car!


This last weekend was a great weekend! Karissa found out about a concert called the Red, White and BOOM. It is put on each year by the local country radio station 98.1, this year they had Lauren Mink, Tyler Farr, Kristen Kelly, Jana Kramer, Love & Theft, earlier in the day and by the time we got there we were able to see Darryl Worley, Kipp Moore and Josh Turner!!! They all did an amazing job!
 I thought I would get all ready and do my hair curly but within the first 5 minutes I was badly regretting it wishing I would have pulled it up! It was only about 90 degrees at 7pm and by about half way through I am pretty sure it was all straight... but worth the concert!

 When we first got there Darryl Worley was on stage and we were making our way closer to the front! We ended up in a good spot near the front but not so smooshed in the drunk stinky crowd! ha
 Kason had so much fun he made some new little friends and was so excited when the fireworks came on after the show!

 This is a picture of Kipp Moore (Below)! Yes he is very good looking! :) (I would post better pictures but I don't have the cords to my actual camera out here.. well I can't find it if I do! So, yes you get my awesome phone pics that aren't so awesome) Then my so called awesome camera and phone died right before Josh Turner! AHHH :( Yes I was so mad but I got some pics from Michelle!! Thanks Girly for sharing!
 All the Vivint wives that went to the Red, White and BOOM concert!- Bexi & Jaylee, Me Rixen, Kason, Teasha, Michelle, Karissa, Olivia Jackson, and Taylor!!
 Me and My amazing boys! I seriously love being a mom and am so grateful for them in my life! I really can say I don't know where I would be without them in my life and am so grateful for their example to me! I am soooo greatly blessed words can't even explain how I feel! This has been an amazing summer and I will never forget it! I LOVE being a mom and can't wait for our next one to get here! ;) ha jk, just seeing if you were reading!
Josh Turner!!! He was so fun and has a beautiful smile, yes in deed! So our Saturday ended with an amazing singer and beautiful fireworks!
Before we went to the concert I was painting my nails and Rixen was watching after a little bit he put his foot by mine saying "uhh uhhh" when I told him no he pulled his pouty face so I painted his toes too!! He was so excited and even blew on them to dry them.


Sunday we woke up late and decided to sluff church and go to the Louisville Zoo instead! (Kayleb later regretted it when he got the flu that night and Monday ha ha) We will continue going to church from now on! ;) It was a great day for the zoo though, perfect weather overcast and a light breeze! But man oh man can I just say things are getting expensive I don't see how people can afford anymore kids! It was 41 dollars to get in, just for Kason, Kayleb and I (Rixen was free). I was happy that we packed our own lunches and smuggled some of our own water and snacks inside! lol It was fun and well worth it though! The boys loved it so much and they had so many animals and at least a few of each kind! The animals were so cute and up playing or walking around! 





 Kason pulling Rixen from the Giraffes, he didn't want to leave them... or any of the animals!
 Rixen was so cute he got so excited about each animal and had so much to "say" about them all, pointing and talking away or screaming! We had to literally pull him away and then finally just put him in the stroller because it was taking way too long to see each animal!
  They had these awesome misters all throughout the zoo Kason loved dancing in them while Rixen just opened his mouth trying to taste it!
 The elephants where getting a bath and so cute playing in the water! I could have stayed and watched them all day! I love the zoo but I think Kayleb always regrets taking me because I always want a monkey afterwards! He always has to remind me that we already have two! (an elephant too if I could)


 This was the cutest mini hippo ever and the only animal besides the Gorilla that Rixen was afraid of ha ha! It was so cute and was trying to kiss Kason. He kept following him around sticking his nose up to the glass!

 The Gorillas were huge! There was four of them and they are so muscular and fun to watch! I can see why people think we evolved from them they look and act just like most of our world today! 
Kason vs the Gorilla
Rixen vs the Gorilla
 Kayleb vs the Gorilla
Kason loved them and was following them around as the climbed and walked around. He was laughing that their bums looked just like ours but hairy! Rixen was scared at first and wouldn't even go near the glass then slowly got closer! We couldn't believe he was so scared of his own kind! ;)
 My honey and me!! I love him so much and am so grateful and blessed to have him in my life! In a weird way I am grateful for his trials and what they have taught me about myself and others. And most of all I am grateful for his strength to push forward and leave everything to have his family and work on his trials! He is doing amazing and I am so happy to have my best friend, husband and father of my kids back in my life for good and working on, for eternity!

 The boys watching a huge albino alligator! It was so big and was what Kason was looking forward to the whole trip!
 Kaylebs other love... snakes! AHHH It was enormous! The picture makes it look ten times smaller than it really was! Kason said he loved it and wanted to marry it! I told him it will just eat him... of course he didn't believe me. 


Besides all of the fun things that we get to see and do around Lexington and Louisville I would have to say our favorite is our daily trip to the pool and weekly trip to the library! I love the pool for the simple fact that I get to lay out, my boys are like fish and love the water and most of all it tires them out for a couple hours of quite time or bedtime for the night!
Kayleb, Kasey and Tyler like to see what they can jump over or what cool tricks they can do going into the pool! Sometimes they pull off cool things and sometimes they crash and just fall in, but they are always entertain everyone!
 Rixen likes to act like he is going to jump in, keeping us all on our toes for the day he really does it! He loves to follow the big boys and do what they are doing it is cute but I am not sure about who he is following (Kayleb, Tyler and Kason) They are great examples to a one year old... not!




 Kason likes to do tricks too, he can now do a front flip into the pool and a back flip under the water! He loves it when the boys throw him in the air and make him do back flips into the water as well as getting some serious air! He is far braver than I am (I would never let them throw me in!)... but I can't swim near as good as Kason either! He is an awesome swimmer for only being in water this year!


Tyler and Teasha sitting by the pool! Some days we skip the gym and just swim some laps or hit the gym then cool off playing in the water! Teasha's little belly bump is so cute! I can't wait for my new niece to get here!


No comments:

Post a Comment