Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

Well I finally actually missed Utah and Mt. Pleasant on the 4th of July! I tried to make the best of it and have fun but it was kind of hard. It was nothing like home, not even comparable in anyway! For a good LDS community they for once actually know how to through a party better than anywhere else!! ;) It was 100 degrees, no cannons to wake up to at 6am (yes I missed them), no breakfast, the parade was at 2pm right in the middle of the heat! The only good thing was I probably lost about 50 lbs of water weight! We did make the best of it but I sure did miss home! Their parade was really boring and long they don't do the big fancy floats like they do in Utah and they only had the queen of the city in a car by herself. It was really different, the parade was pretty much all cops, veterans and some advertising for companies and the elections! They didn't throw candy or anything.. well I guess some handed out flyers! Most of all I was so sad that Kayleb had to work and couldn't spend the day with us! :(
We did meet up with all the girls and watch the parade and walk around the booths for a little bit! Instead of partying the Lexington way, we came back home went to the pool and had a BBQ watching the fireworks from the deck and hanging out with the team! 
Kason has became an awesome swimmer! When we first moved out here he wouldn't get in with his life jacket or put his face in. Now he is a fish!! He swims under the water across the pool, dives in the deep at 8 1/2 feet to get his darts and can float on his back! He is such a quick learner and an amazing swimmer now! Rixen also loves the water, he literally just jumps in and can hold his breath under water! He is also learning to swim and likes to lay in the water on his belly and kicks! I love my little fish!
Here are some pictures from my previous post about things we have got to do and see!...
 These are some of the amazing girls that are out here in Kentucky with our team! I am so happy that we have met them and have built new friendships! They have made this summer so welcoming and unforgettable I can't thank them enough!
  Kason and his Buck!! I love that these two are best friends!
 My two boys looking out over the Ohio River before the baseball game!!!

 This was an awesome phone booth!! Who knew they were real ha ha!! I really thought it was an olden day thing or just on movies! Tyler didn't really get the full picture but it was awesome!!
 This was an amazing waterfall in a large green house in the park! It was so pretty and they had so many different trees and plants! We even seen a chocolate tree... who knew chocolate came from trees! :)
 The amazing Cathedral!
 Welcome to our first Major league Baseball game with the Cincinnati Reds vs the Tigers!! It was pretty fun and the ball park dogs where amazing!!





 Here in Kentucky they are HUGE collage ball fans and everyone wheres UK clothing, and I mean everybody even us Utahins ha!
 
My beach babe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment